Darling Adventure: Eastern Sierra Wilderness, CA July 9th-12th, 2020
If you love horses and camping under the stars, this is the trip for you! This four day, three-night adventure in the Eastern Sierra wilderness of California brings together the best of what this iconic area has to offer. We’ll ride horses deep into the heart of the forest with a pack train of mules carrying all the gear needed to have an adventure worthy of a story. There will be opportunities for great fishing for beginners and experienced guests alike. Each evening we will enjoy delicious meals cooked over the campfire coupled with meaningful Darling workshops. This incredible trip will give you the chance to digital detox and provide the rest you need in nature.
DATES: July 9th -12th
DURATION: 4 days, 3 nights
DIFFICULTY: Beginner, no prior experience required
ACTIVITIES: Horseback riding, camping, swimming, hiking and workshops
PAYMENTS: Options to pay in segments using Affirm, or pay all at once.
- Transportation to and from Los Angeles to the pack station
- Fantastic horses to ride for the weekend
- 4 curated Darling Workshops in the wilderness
- All meals and drinks
- All camping gear
- All fishing gear
Remember, this is a digital detox, you are not responsible for capturing your adventure. We will be capturing it for you!
- 10 a.m. morning departure from Los Angeles to the Eastern Sierra
- Drive to lodging and check in
- Opening Darling Dinner
- Short drive to pack station
- Breakfast and orientation for horse riding
- Day horse ride to camp
- Lunch on the trail
- Arrive at camp and settle in and explore
- Free time for fishing and relaxing
- Darling workshop #1
- Campfire time
- Short morning adventure ride
- Darling workshop #2
- Ride back to camp
- Free Time
- Darling workshop #3
- Campfire time
- Darling workshop #4
- Day ride back to pack station
- Lunch on the trail
- Transportation back to Los Angeles (dinner on the road)
- Plan to stay in LA this evening and plan outgoing travel for the following day
Outfitted by Rock Creek Pack Station
Rock Creek Pack Station pack trip operating under permit on the Inyo National Forest
Cancellation fees will be applied per person according to the following schedule, based on the date we receive your written notification:
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Darling Media with more than 60 days notice before tour start date will receive their deposit as a credit to be used towards future tours with Darling Media. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Darling Media with 60 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit as a cancellation fee. Any balance payments can be held on file as a credit to be used towards future tours and services with Darling Media. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Darling Media with 30 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit and any balance payments as a cancellation fee.
No refunds will be provided for any reason for unused portion of a trip once the trip begins, including if you leave a trip for any reason or have to be removed from a trip. The trip price is a package cost and refunds and credits are not available for services not used.
There are no exceptions to this cancellation and refund policy, including for reasons related to weather, terrorism, civil strife, personal, family or medical emergencies or any other circumstances beyond our control. For this and other reasons, we encourage you to purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance and travel protection (i.e., travel medical insurance and emergency evacuation services).
Darling Media is not responsible for expenses incurred by Participants in preparing for a trip (eg. nonrefundable advance purchase air tickets, equipment, etc.) or for any additional arrangements pre- or post-departure date. The term applies whether the tour is altered, modified, or cancelled by us or by you for any reason. Because the tour may be cancelled when a minimum number of Participants have not signed up, we recommend that you either purchase refundable air tickets or wait until we have confirmed with you approximately 3 months prior to the tour that we have a sufficient number of Participants.